In this guide i explain how to recover C Drive files from a laptop or PC After Operating System crashed, failed or damaged.
When Can You Use This Recovery Guide?
- The guide will work if the windows OS is damaged but the computer hardware still works fine.
- The guide might work if the Hard drive has some minor damage, like a few bad sectors.
Preparing for Recovery
For this Recovery i’ll be using a Windows Live CD. Also, you can create a bootable Windows Live USB flash drive. Don’t worry. you don’t have to be a Windows for that. You need another working computer to download and Create Bootable USB drive.
- Download the Latest Version of windows 7 live CD Here. When you click on the download button you’ll start downloading an ISO image.
2. Burn this ISO image on a CD or Create a Bootable USB stick. it’s expained on the same download page, just Scroll a little bit down.
3. Find the target drive where you going to save recovered file. You can use an extenal had drive or USB drive. The target drive can be formatted with any common windows file System : FAT, FAt32, NTFS.
How to recover C Drive files After Operating System Crashed
- Boot your laptop from the Windows Live CD or USB drive.
- If the computer keeps trying to boot from the internal hard drive, you’ll have to enter the BIOS setup menu and change the boot order. Set your CD/DVD driver or USB stick as first device in the boot order. Safe changes and restart the computer.
- The computer will start booting from the CD or USB stick.
- wait 1 or 2 mints windows load file.
- Windows live OS will continue loading and after a while you’ll boot to the desktop.
- Click on the start menu.
- Then Click on my computer icon.
- Then open C: Drive > User >Your computer user folder >Desktop data.
- Copy All file From the Desktop to D: Drive or Other drive that you want to save.
- After the transfer is done, you can unplug the external drive and use it on any other computer.