In this Article we will educate you about how to block someone on Skype and how to unblock someone on Skype. let’s discuss them one by one.
How to Block someone on Skype
Many times it happens that we want to interaction with a contact added on our Skype account. This means no call, messages, nothing from him. When you block a person on Skype you can also report him abuse if required and the blocked person does not get to know that he is blocked since you simply appear offline to them. The steps mentioned below are more or less similar for platforms like windows, MAC ios. Android, web etc. one of the best things about Skype is that it shares a common user interface on multiple platforms: hence performing any functions on different platforms gets really easy.
- Open Skype application on your preferred platform and login using your credentials.
- Once you have logged into your skype accout, you will see a list of contacts added to your Skype account on the left panel.
- Here, look for the contact you want to block on Skype. Once you have located the contact. Right-Click on the contact. You can also click and hold the contact. From the drop- down menu, Click on view Profile option.
- This will give a pop up named profile, scroll down to the end of the pop up and select option named Block contact.
- After you have clicked on the Block contact option, you will receive a message asking you to confirm the blocking.
- You can also report the contact as abuse by simply toggling on the Report abuse from this person option.
- To Block someone on Skype click on Block.
- After you have Blocked someone on Skype you will not receive any messages, and called from the respective contact.
How to Unblock someone on Skype
- First open Skype on your preferred platform and then login into it.
- Once on the main page, click on the three dop icons present on the top left corner of the main page.
- From the drop=down menu. Click on setting.
- On the settings page look for the option contacts present on the left panel.
- AS soon as you click on the contacts option, you will see a list of options in the right panel.
- Here, Click on blocked contact.
- Post this you will see a list of all the blocked contacts on Skype . To unblock someone on Skype, Click on the unblock option present next to the contact.