In this post i will show you how to schedule password changes in windows 10.
How to schedule password changes in windows 10 with Microsoft account
The vast majority of users manage windows 10 with a Microsoft account. in fact, this is default option to start using the operating system. Well, to edit the security setting of the Microsoft account. it is necessary to enter this link. Once there, please go to the change password option.
- Entering Microsoft account security options.
- The system will then proceed to verify the identity via email or SMS.
- Verify your identity.
- A new page will then be displayed. Where you have to enter the old password and the new one to confirm the changes. But the important section is the related to the change of the password every 72 days. Please check the corresponding box to set the change.
How to schedule password changes in windows 10 with Local user
- To set a password expiration date for a local account, you need to set up the account. With this intention, press the windows key + R key at the same time.
- type the following command netplwiz
- once inside the user accounts, select the advanced tab. Then press advanced.
- Enter the advanced section.
- In the next windows, click on the users option in the left panel. This will display all available users. Then right click on the selected user to enter the properties.
- Please un-check the Box next to Password never expires. In this way, it is possible to set the expiry data of the password.
Change the Password expiration date on local user
- Upon completion of the above steps, windows sts the password expiration date to 42 days. If you want to change this value, then you have to edit the group policies. With this in mind, press the Win+R combination and run the following command.
- The Group policy editor will then be deployed. in order to set the password expiration date, please follow the path below.
- computer Configuration>windows setting > Security setting > Account Policies > password settings
- once in the menu, please double click on the value maximum password age. Change the value to set the days of validity of the password.