Bad sector is defied a permanently damaged storage unit on a hard Drive. Once the sector gets damaged, All Stored information in that section is lost. Usually, The OS like Windows 7, 8 & 10 will skip the bad sector once it’s found and marked. Bellow common steps to repair Hard disk bad sectors in windows operating System.
How to Repair Hard Disk Bad Sectors OS
- Connect the drive to your computer if necessary.
- Click on the start button open The PC icon Or My computer icon.
- Right click on C: Drive menu list appear.
- Select properties.
- Local disk (C:) Properties windows Appear.
- Click the Tool Tab in properties.
- Click Check Button for error checking .
- Then Click on Scan drive when prompted.your computer will begin scanning for bad sectors.
- Wait for the scan to complete.wait for the scan to complete . once the scan completes a pop up with the results will appear.
- Click scan and repair drive when prompted.