Stop Windows 10 update might be annoying but they’re put there to resolve issues like user interface problems freezing, crashes and security risks. If you’re confident that you don’t need to Update windows 10, then you can proceed with the guide. Otherwise, leave them on.
Sometimes you just to be informed whenever you want to be informed whenever you computer will download and install the updates. You can easily turn on notifications before update windows 10 by following these steps:
How to stop windows update
- Open the run App by pressing windows key+R Key or typing Run in the Search bar.
- Type in “gpedit.msc”
- In the Group policy Editor, navigate to computer configuration > administrative Templates> windows components > windows Update
- Find the setting reads “ configure automatic updates” and double-click it
- In the windows that opens, click on “ enabled” and a drop down should appear
- Depending on your current windows 10 build (version).you can either click on download and notify for install or download auto install
- Restart your computer
- You’ve successfully turned on notifications before updates!
Using this method, windows will let know when ever you have a pending update and can choose whether you to push through with it or not.
Change windows settings to delay updates
Maybe you just want to delay the windows updates for now and you don’t want to be bothered by the days.it’s definitely possible with windows Ten and these are the steps to do it;
- Open your start menu and open your settings app
- Navigate to update and security
- In the update settings, click on the advanced options
- Under the advanced options, look for pause updates
- Turn it on
- Enjoy 7 days without updates