Hyper-v is a virtual machine software solution that is included with windows 10 Professional, enterprise, and server. That allows you to run multiple operating systems at once from within one instance of windows. In this tutorial i will teach you how to install Hyper v in windows 10.
In order to use Hyper-V you need to have virtualization enabled in the computer’s BIOS and be running windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, or Server. If you are unsure if virtualization is enabled, You can try to install Hyper-v using the instructions below. If its not enabled, windows will not allow you to continue the installation. Instructions on how to enable CPU virtualization can be found in the article
How to install Hyper V in windows 10
By default, Hyper V is not installed in windows. In order to use it, must be installed via the windows Features control panel.
- Open this control panel.
- Click on the start menu and type Hyper-v into the search field. This will bring up search result called Turn windows features on or Off.
- Click on the Turn windows features on or off result and the windows features control panel will open. Now scroll down in the control Panel and look for Hyper-V. When you find it, Click on the plus button next to Hyper-v in order to expand.
- Now put a check mark in both the Hyper v management Tools and hyper V Platform options so that thy are both selected.
- If windows won’t let you a check mark the Hyper v platform option. Displays a message stating that Hyper-v cannot be installed The processor does not have required virtualization capabilities, then you do not have virtualization enabled on this computer. To fix this you need to reboot into the BIOS and enable inlet VT or AMD v virtualization before continuation with these steps.
- Once you have a check mark in both option, Click on the OK button. Windows now begin to install Hyper v into windows.
- When it has finished installing Hyper v windows will prompt you to reboot your PC in order to enable the Hyper-v platform services.
- Once restarted, you can click on the Start menu and type Hyper v again and you should see a search result called hyper-v Manager.
- Click on this result to launch the Hyper-v manager, which will now allow you to create a new virtual machine.