In this Article i will teach you how to Enable active directory on a windows 10 computer. You must be using windows 10 Professional or Enterprise to install Active Directory.
- Go to Microsoft official website Active directory does not come with windows 10 by default so you’ll have to download it from Microsoft.(If you’re not using windows 10 Professional or Enterprise, the installation will not work).
- Click Download . it’s the red button. You may have to scroll down a little to find it.
- click the empty box next to File name . This selects all of the files in the list.
- Click Next Button.
- Download all 4 files to your computer. There are multiple files you’ll need to download, so click Save for all of them as indicated.
- Open your Downloads folder. You’ll find it in This PC or on the desktop.
- Install all file. Double click the first of the files, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Do the same with the other files you just download.
Enabling Active Directory
- Open the control Panel. To do this, type control panel into the screen bar then click control panel in the search results.
- Click on Programs option.
- Click Turn windows features on or off. A Dialog box will appear.
- Scroll down and click + Next to Remote server administration Tool. A list of tools will expand.
- Click the + Next to Role administration Tools.
- Check the box next to AD DS Tool Windows will install some files and then prompt you to restart the computer.
- Click Restart now. The computer will turn off and then turn back on. When through the windows Administrative Tool in the Start menu.