How to create a new partition without losing data
sometimes you have two partitions of your hard disk drive on your system. One for the operating system and another for your personal data. You can create a 3rd partition on your computer. You can follow some steps to create a new partition without losing data.
How To Create A New Partition
- Click on the start button
- Search control panel
- Then click on the system and security Tab
- Click on Second Last option Administrator tools
- Double click on Computer management.
- Select Disk management from the left panel.
- Wait 10 second to show all Hard disk drive
- Then right clicks on the hard disk and choose the option Shrink Volume.
- Now enter the amount of space you want to shrink.
- The amount will be in MB as you can see in the screenshot.
- Next, click on the Shrink button.
- Now you have to enter the volume size on New Simple Volume Wizard interface.
- Click on Next to specify the volume size.
- Next, Assign Drive Letter or Path and format the partition to the default ﬁle system NTFS.
- click on Finish button.