In this article i will tell you how to check The warranty status of an Apple Device. Last year, I forgot to do this, and I found myself scouring the Internet for Apple’s warranty information page, eventually discovering my warranty has a few month before it’s up.
Since Apple Doesn’t quite detail the process, the Quick Tip will help you find the warranty status, of an Apple device, in just a few minutes.
Find the Serial Number
Before you can look u an Apple device’s warranty status, you need to locate the serial number that device.
Finding the Serial Number of An iOS Device
- Open the Setting App
- Tap General Option.
- Then Tap About.
- Scroll down until you see the Serial Number section. Take note of the text the right.
If the iOS device is not operable and you’re unable to launch the setting app, you can use the IMEI number as an alternative. The IMEI is found on the back of the device below the iPhone, iPad or iPad text.
Finding the Serial Number of a Mac
- Click the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen.
- hold down the Option key and select system information.
- in the Hardware Overview screen, look for the Serial number (System) field and copy the beside it to the clipboard, or write it down.
Look Up the Warranty Status
Once the Serial number has been located, you can check the warranty status with Apple
- Open Apple’s warranty status page.
- Type or paste the serial number into the appropriate field and click Continue.
- Peruse the last two fields, Telephone Technical Support and Repairs and services Coverage, to check the current status of the warranty. if they have expired, they will have a date of estimated expiration. you’ll also have the option to extend the warranty if you’re within the original, standard warranty period.
Associating Devices wit an Account
To make this process easier in the futurem you may want to associate the device with your account. Once you’ve done this, it’s no longer necessary to type in the serial number each time you want to open a new support ticket or any thing it will all be tied to your Apple ID.
- Open Apple’s My Support Profile.
- Click the +Register & Add Products button.
- Enter the serial number and click Continue just as you did when looking up the warranty status.