Audio driver installed but no sound is a very common fault in windows computer. If you are facing no audio or no sound problem in your computer then follow this article and it might help you to fix this fault.
How to Fix Audio Driver installed but no Sound
How to Check installed sound driver
To diagnose no sound fault in your PC the first thing you need to check is driver for sound, whether its installed or not.
- Right Click on Computer in windows 7 or 8, if you are using windows 10 you can right click on This PC icon.
- Go to Properties from the Drop down menu.
- Select Device manager in system windows.
- Now in Device manager drivers list Check if you have Sound, video and game controllers category. if you do have this category in Device manager then you already have sound driver installed. in case you don’t have sound, video and game controllers then you need to install drivers for sound card.
Sound driver is installed
Now that you know that your sound driver is already installed but still don’t have sound, it’s time to delete sound driver from device manager.
- Double Click Sound, Video and game controllers.
- Right click the name of Audio Device and click on Uninstall from the drop down menu, if you have more than one Audio devices uninstall all of them.
- To confirm Device uninstall click on OK.
- Now click on Scan for hardware changes icon.
- Restart your computer.