When a twitter account is private and you are not following it, you can see: the header. when a person join twitter now body is able to see all of your favorites, tweet, followers etc. This is the method that you have to use in order to make a twitter account private.Be Sure that you understand what it entails. once you make your tweets private
- Your tweets will only be visible to approved followers.
- Other users will be unable to retweet you.
- Your tweets will not appear in any google searches.
- Other user need to make a request to follow you. and you will need to approve all requests.
- @replies you send will not be seen only approved.
- You will only be able to share permanent links to your tweets with your approved followers.
How to Make Your Twitter Account Private
- Log in to your Twitter account using username and password.
- Click on the Setting and Help icon this is located on the top right hand side of the page.
- Scroll down and click Settings option.
- Click on the tab labeled Privacy and safety. Scroll down to the privacy section, then check the Protect my tweets box t make your account private.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings page, and click on Save changes Button
- if you wish to reverse the process and unprotect your tweets option make your tweets public again