Sometimes, hard drives, external hard disks & USB flash drives are prone to infect viruses or suffer from a power failure. In this case, the “drive is not accessible” error might occur unexpectedly. Make windows prevent you from accessing the files and folders on the disk. For the general troubleshooting of a drive partition that lost the access at present, a quick format can usually get it on the right track. However, all present data on the selected drive will be erased completely. In this tutorial i will tell you How to Fix drive is not accessible in windows 10
Since you cannot open the drive at the moment, neither can you back up the data before formatting it. so the best idea is to temporarily forget this method, try the other secure way as an attempt.
How to Fix drive is not accessible in windows 10
- Right-Click on the inaccessible hard drive, select properties.
- Go to the Security tab, Tab advanced,
- Click the Edit button. on the owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
if the Drive is not accessible issue comes with other error messages, it might suggest that the causes are file system corruption, disk errors, corruptions or bed sectors. In the case, you can run CHKDSK command to fix the problem.
- Plug in your external Hard drive, memory card or USB drive to your Computer.
- Open a Command Prompt (in windows 7 Click start , type in CMD in a search box, hit enter and then Click Cmd.exe under the list of programs . in Windows 8/10 press the Windows key + X buttons and select the Command Prompt admin option).
- in the new Command Prompt windows, type chkdsk D:/f/r. ( Here D is the Drive letter of the disk which shows the “Drive is not accessible” error.)