Sometime you want to compare two separate MS Excel sheet side by side. There is built feature in MS excel to do this.
suppose you have two files for two different days and you want to check what values are different in the file. Below are the steps to align two files side by side and compare them
How to Compare Two Excel Sheet
- Open the files that you want to compare.
- Select the sheet that you want to compare.
- Click view Tab. Click on the view side by side option in Windows Tab. this option is available only when you have two or more file open.
Compare Two Excel sheet in Same Workbook
you want to compare two separate sheets in the same workbook.
MS Excel new Windows feature allows you to open two instances on the workbook. once you have two instances open you can arrange these side by side. Suppose you have and excel workbook that has two different sheets and you want to compare these side by side.
- Open the workbook that has the sheets that you want to compare.
- Click The View Tab.
- Click on the New Window option in the windows Group.
- in the View tab, click on Arrange all ( This will open the arrange dialog box)
- Select Vertical and Horizontal option to compare data in columns.
- Click OK