Recently, in connection with the development of technology, we are doing everything using the phone. Including printing the necessary files via smartphone, which is possible thanks to iOS and Android. If you want to print the text from the phone, you only have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi Network with the printer. You don’t even need to download additional applications for this
If your phone is an iPhone or Android, it probably contains a built-in Print Function. But the ways to enable this feature are different on these operating systems. Therefore, we propose to consider iOS and Android separately.
Android Print Function
As we mentioned earlier, most likely your Android already has an activated Print Function. If your device still cannot connect to the printer, you need to download the Google Cloud Print application (certainly, if your phone doesn’t have it). After you have downloaded the Google Cloud Print app on your phone, you need to add a printer. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- In the first instance, check if you are connected to the same Wi-Fi Network with the selected printer.
- Afterward, open “Settings” in the menu of your phone.
- Find the “Print” function on the appeared list.
- In the next step, click on the printer you need.
- Great job! Now you are connected to the printer.
Next it remains only to activate Printing.
- Go to the application where you want to start printing.
- This is the time to click on the three dots in the upper right corner. You will see a list of additional options.
- In the final part, you have to select the “Print” option
iOS Print Function
Print Function on iPhones is called AirPrint technology and can be activated as follows.
- First of all, check if the printer you have selected is compatible with your device. Since Apple technology is special and requires an individual connection.
- The next step is to check if your phone and printer are in the same Wi-Fi Network.
- After that, you have to open the selected document you and find the “Print” option, which can be found in the “Share”, “Print” or “Other Settings” section.
- Afterward, click on the printer icon or on the inscription “To print”.
- Nextly, you should select an option “Choose an AirPrint-Enabled Printer”.
- Finally, you can also specify your needs (number of copies, etc.) or change the printer selection.
If you have any problems using AirPrint, you need to check the latest updates of the application you are printing from now and the version of your operating system. But what if your phone operating system is Windows? We also found the answer to this question! Let’s conside Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone 8 separately.
Windows 10 Mobile Print Function
The wireless printing setup in Windows 10 Mobile is very simple. To do this, you need the Cortana (a virtual voice Windows assistant), which you have to download if it isn’t installed.
- After you open the Cortana, you should enter “Printer” in the application search engine.
- In the next step, you need to click on “Printers & Scanners”.
- But before choosing the printer you need, you have to check that your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi Network.
- Perfect job! Printing should begin soon
Windows Phone 8 Print Function
Wireless printing is also easy on the Windows Phone 8 operating system. But to complete it, you need to download a Windows “Print Now” application that will allow you to use Google Cloud Print.
After downloading the application, follow the instructions below to properly connect to the printer.
- In the first place, you also need to check if the devices you are using are connected to the same Wi-Fi Network.
- The next step is to open the Chrome browser and enter «chrome: // devices» in the search bar. This way you connect your printer to the Google Cloud Print (this is a Google application, which will help you to print files from every program).
- Following, you have to open the “New Devices” section and click on your printer.
- Afterward, select the “Manage” action next to your printer name.
- Then a “Confirm registration” window, in which you must select the action “Register”, will appear.
- Just a few steps left! Now you need to check if your printer was registered correctly. To do this, go to Google.com/cloudprint and select the “Printers” option.
- If registration was successful- congratulations! Now you can send your files to the selected printer. Use OneDrive, Dropbox, Media Library or Google Drive for this.