Sometime our portable devices undergo write protected error and your unable to format your hard drive. following is the method Fix disk from write protected Error.
How to Fix disk is write protected Error
- Hit Windows key + X, and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- Type diskpart, and press Enter Next
- Make sure you can see your USB drive. Mine is Disk 4.
- Make a note of your disk number. Now enter the following command.
- select disk [your disk number]
- Once selected, enter the following command:
- attributes disk clear read only
You’ve cleared any remaining read-only le attributes from the USB drive.
- Clear Write Protection Error in Win Registry file
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialogue
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Navigate to the following registry location.
- Open Value box. You can chose one of two values (0 or 1) 1 means “Yes,0 means “No
- Set the value to 0, and then press OK.