There are lots of PDF files need to be copied, transferred or exchanged often on the Internet. However, scanned PDF documents are made from images and the file sizes are very large. It is not easy to send emails with large PDF attachments.PDF Compressor is a Windows utility that compresses both text PDF and scanned PDF files and reduces PDF file size from larger than 30 MB to only 1 – 3 MB (Compression Ratio: 10%) fast and easily. This tool allows users to change the compressing value to get better compressed result and content quality. Also, the program supports batch mode and lets users compress hundreds of PDF documents at one time. PDF compressor Free download.
PDF Compressor can save the compressed PDF documents to original PDF folder without overwriting the original PDF files. But if you like, it can also output compressed files to a specified folder path.
The program can automatically remove the restriction from protected PDF files as well.
Now the latest version of PDF Compressor is able to compress text PDF which has not been compressed yet.
Feature OF PDF Compressor
- Compress PDF & Reduce PDF File Size.
- High Compression Ratio.
- Both Scanned PDF & Text PDF Types are Supported
- Keep the PDF Quality & Format
- Support Shrinking Protected PDF File.
- Support Batch Mode.
- Adobe Acrobat is not Required
- Compress PDF Files Fast
- Easy To Use.
How to Compress PDF File by PDF Compressor
- Add PDF Files
Run PDF Compressor and click on the “Add” button to add a file, or drag and drop your PDF files onto the file list:
- Choose the PDF File Type: Scanned PDF or Text PDF If the PDF file is made by images or created by the scanner, and you cannot select or copy the text content during you view it in the PDF Reader program, please choose “Scanned PDF“. If the PDF doc is created by Word or other virtual printers, and you can select the text content when you open the PDFD file, please choose “Text PDF“
- If you are working with scanned PDF, you can change the Compress Quality slider or the DPI option value higher or lower to get a better quality or better compression ratio. Or, you can simply use the default setting.
- If what you added is a text PDF, please simply drag the Compress Quality slider to change the PDF compression quality. There are 4 text PDF compression quality modes: “Best Quality“, “High Quality“, “Standard” and “Smallest Filesize“. The compression quality is “Standard” by default.
3. Choose the Output Path
Please click the Output drop list, and you can set the output path as “Original Folder“, “Customize” or “Overwrite Original“. “Original Folder” will let the program save the compressed PDF file into the same folder where the original PDF is, but the compressed filename would be added “_compressed”. If you want to save the compressed PDF file to other paths, please click on “Customize” and select a new path in the path window. The “Overwrite Original” option would replace the original PDF file with the compressed PDF file.
Note : We recommend users to take care of using the “Overwrite Original” option in case of the compressed PDF file is not perfect as you expected, but the original PDF file could not be recovered.
4. Start Compressing
Please click on the “Start” button to start compressing PDF files. There is a progress bar at the bottom allows you to see the conversion progress. PDF Compressor will automatically open the output folder once the compressing is done.