If you share a Pc Or laptop with others, you might have a need to keep some file confidential. There are several ways to do this, depending on which version of Microsoft windows your computer is running. Using a password to protect a folder means that you need to enter a password to see the list of documents in the folder. You can also lock individual files and folder or folder without password protection.
How to Protect a Folder with Password in Windows 7
- First navigate to the folder you want to Protect.
- Right Click on the folder.
- Select Properties form the menu.
- On the properties dialog that appears, Click the General tab.
- Click the Advanced button. then select Encrypt content to scute data.
- Click OK . your windows username and password will be used
- Double Click the folder to ensure you can access it.