Password Protecting a zipped file is a good solution if your version of windows does not support password protection. if you put the files you’ed like to protect in a zip file, you can then apply a password. A RAR file is a compressed archive that can contain hundreds of other files. You can encrypt and password protect any RAR archive. Without the correct password , unauthorized users won’t even be able to see the names of the files it contains. following are the procedure to password protect a zip folder in windows 10.
How to Password Protect a Zip Folder in Windows 10
- First Download WinRAR software from the official website.
- install WinRAR.
- Add your files to a new RAR archive. Right click on the the folder that you want to Compress. Click on add to archive option.
- Click the Set Password button. This is located in the General tab of the Archive name and parameters. This windows appears when creating a new archive.
- Enter in your password.
- Confirm your password. You can check the show password box to see the characters as you type them.
- Check the Encrypt file names Box.
- Click OK to save your password.
- done. After the RAR files is created, you can double Click it to open compress file. When you try to extract it, you will be prompted for the password you created.