Large Video files are show to upload and download. one of the most popular tools that can significantly shrink the video file size without losing quality is Handbrake. it is popular due to three reason.
- It can convert video from nearly any format,
- It is free and open source.
- Handbrake Works on windows, Linux and Mac.
In this Tutorial i will teach you how to compress a video file for the web on a windows machine. The simple file i used to compress was called my video.wmv and its original 35.0 MB. The compress video format is MP4 as it is the most sported video format on the web.
Depending on your original video file, following the instructions in the tutorial, the file size may still be reduced if your video file is already MP4 Format.
How to Convert Large Video file Without losing Quality
- First of all Download Handbrake Software from the official website.
- Double click the downloaded file to install handbrake by following instructions on screen.
- Launch Handbrake. Do not be put off by all the button and options available you usually only need to use a few of them.
- Click source> Open File to select the video want to compress. In this tutorial, i select my video.wmv and then click open. The original size was 35.0 MB.
- In Handbrake, under destination you can decide where the compressed file is saved by clicking browse. By default, it is saved in the same folder where the original file is. You can change to other if necessary. You are required to provide a name for the compressed file.
- For output setting, change MP4 if it is not selected and Check Mark on web optimized option.
- Click on Video Codec and make sure that H.264(264) is selected.
- Click Start to Convert the video file. Then green Start button will become red stop button until the compression is complete. When it is back to green. You are ready to video the compress video. The video file was reduced from 35MB to 4MB.