USB drive is one of the most common windows installation mediums today. However when you try to install windows 7, 8 and 10 using a USB drive, you may encounter the following error message. A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Following are steps given below to fix this Error Message.
Change the USB Setting in BIOS to fix “A required CD/DVD device driver is missing”
- Disconnect the windows installation USB and then restart your computer. When the manufacturer’s logo appears, you will noted how to enter BOIS or Setup. Usually, you need to Press your computer Bois Key. e.g ( Dell F2, HP F10, lenovo F1 or F2, Toshiba F2).
- After you get into BIOS, select System Configuration.
- Locate the USB 3.0 Configuration in Pre-OS setting and change the Status to Disable or Auto.
- Save the changes you have mode and exit BOIS.
- Done. You can plug your windows installation USB back into the computer and boot from it to install windows.